You don’t need to be a professional to make your gaming desk.
But the surprising thing is that 99% of gamers pay 10 times more than the price of making it by themselves.
I spent just $100 on materials and now I’ve my dream streaming desk for gaming.
Today in this article, I’ll discuss how to make a gaming desk in 5 simple steps.
So, let’s dive in!
- Wood pieces
- A sheet of acrylic or tempered glass.
- A jigsaw.
- Set of drill bits.
- Set of saw blades.
- Couple of Nails and a hammer.
How to Make a Gaming Desk?
A gaming desk is a great way to get the most out of your video games and get a perfect gaming experience while your gaming session.
It can be a great addition to any gamer’s gaming room and can even help you save space.
Here’s a complete 5 steps guide to making a gaming desk.
1. Building the Side Panel
You can now start building the side panel of your gaming desk for a gaming PC or gaming station by following these steps:
- Measure and mark the center of the panel. This will be where you will drill the hole for the motherboard’s I/O shield.
- Drill a hole that is large enough for the I/O shield.
- Use the jigsaw to cut out the hole for the power supply.
- Drill holes for the power supply’s mounting screws.
- Install the power supply into the panel.
- Measure and mark the locations of the storage drives.
You can attack a headphone hook to the side panel as well. To do it just grab any tilted metal and nail it in the side of the desk.
2. Install Drawers
Assuming you would like a step-by-step guide on how to install drawers in a gaming desk:
- Begin by attaching the drawer slides to the underside of the desk. It is important to make sure that the slides are level and even with one another. If they are not, the drawers will not open and close properly.
- Next, attach the front of the drawer to the slides. Again, make sure that everything is level and even.
- Now you can install the handles or knobs on the front of the drawer. This is purely for aesthetic purposes and you can choose whatever style you like.
- Once the handles are in place, you can now load up the drawer with whatever gaming accessory and gaming gear you need.
- That’s it! You’re now ready to start gaming with easy access to all of your things.
If you don’t want to install drawers in your gaming desk, then use an external drawer like Alex drawer.
3. Attach the Legs
Attach the legs to the desk by lining up the holes in the legs with the holes in the desk. Then, use screws to secure the legs of the desk. Make sure that the legs are evenly spaced and that the desk is level before you start gaming.
4. Prepare the Surface for the Desktop
The first step is to ensure that the desk space where the desktop, gaming monitor, gaming keyboard, and gaming mouse pad will be placed is clean and free of any debris. If there is any furniture in the way, it should be moved out of the way.
Once the area is clear, use a vacuum to clean up any dust that may be present.
Next, you will need to sand the desk surface where the desktop will be placed.
It’ll help to create a smooth surface for the desk top to sit on. Be sure to use fine-grit sandpaper so that you do not damage the surface.
Once you have sanded the area, use a damp cloth to remove any dust that may be present.
Finally, you will need to apply a primer to the surface. This will help to create a barrier between the desktop and the surface.
Once the primer is dry, you are ready to place the desktop.
You may also add a keyboard tray below the surface if you want.
5. Attach RGB LED Lights
No gaming desk is complete without RGB lighting, right?
They can be used to add accent lighting or to provide functional lighting for things like keyboard and mouse buttons.
Here are some tips on how to get the most out of RGB LED lights in your gaming setup:
- Use a diffuser: Diffusers help to spread the light from RGB LEDs more evenly and can help to create softer, more pleasing light.
- Avoid hot spots: Hot spots are areas where the light from an RGB LED is concentrated in a small area. This can be distracting and can cause eyestrain.
- Use multiple colors: RGB LEDs can produce a wide range of colors. Use this to your advantage by creating different lighting zones with different colors. This can help to add some visual interest to your gaming setup.
- Control the brightness: Not all RGB LED lights are equally bright. Some are quite dim, while others can be quite bright. If you find the lights to be too bright, you can always dim them down or use a diffuser to soften the light.
- Use a controller: Many RGB LED lights come with a controller that allows you to change the settings. This can make your gaming desk look better.
Now, finally setup your desk for gaming by placing your setup and start enjoying.
Why Build Your Gaming Desk?
Your gaming desk is the centerpiece of your gaming setup. It is where you will be spending most of your time gaming, so it is important to choose a desk that is comfortable and has all the features you need.
There are many reasons to build your own gaming desk.
First, you can customize it to exactly fit your needs. You can choose the size, shape, and features that you want.
And it’s cheap as well, then you have to only invest in a gaming chair, then a gaming desk.
Second, you can save money by building your desk. Gaming desks can be very expensive, so building your own can save you a lot of money.
Third, building your desk gives you a sense of pride and accomplishment. When you sit down at your desk, you will be able to say, “I built this.”
It can be a great motivator to keep the gaming and streamer’s desks clean and organized.
Is it Hard to Build a Gaming Desk?
No, it is not hard to build a gaming desk. It is easy to build a gaming desk and regular desk. It depends upon your budget and needs all the important things which are used in making a computer desk or gaming desk.
What is the Perfect Size for a Gaming Desk?
The perfect size for a gaming desk is usually around the length of 60 inches and the width of 30 inches which is enough for all gadgets.
Can You Use a Normal Desk for Gaming?
Yes, you can also use a normal desk for gaming. It is easy to play on a normal desk. It depends upon your budget.
What Makes a Desk a Gaming Desk?
When it comes to finding the perfect gaming desk, there are a few key features to keep in mind. First and foremost, a gaming desk needs to be large enough to accommodate all of your gaming peripherals, including your monitor, keyboard, and mouse.
It should also have a sturdy surface to support your gaming setup, as well as enough space for you to move around freely.
A gaming desk should be spacious to accommodate all your gaming equipment, as well as have a comfortable and ergonomic design to help you game for hours on end.
Gaming desks are quite easy to make but still, 99% of people pay extra to big companies to buy one.
In this article, I’ve discussed how to make a gaming desk in 5 steps.
So, are you going to make your gaming desk? Let us know in the comment section.